I know it’s not one of the usual posting days, but I’m writing because we’re nearing the end of generation 2 and therefore also Gina and Enzo’s wedding. I’ve seen a lot of folks around having other peoples’ sims as guests at the weddings and I thought it would be cool to do something like that! That’s why I’m writing because I have basically everything else I need for the wedding, except a bunch of cool sims in the background.
Basically, I have 10 ‘invitations’ to hand out, meaning that if you like, you can send me a sim and a plus one (optional). I only take two characters from each (the actualy guest list from the story proper is somewhere around 24 lord help me), so things don’t get too crazy. I’m not going to include the characters in the story proper, except as background sims. I think it would be weird to suddenly include a bunch of characters we’ve never heard of before. Rather, I’ll have a massive wedding photo shoot where every one is shown off, both here and on Tumblr. I hope that’s okay. 🙂 I get if you guys can’t be bothered to do this, but for the few who might want to, I thought it would be fun and it’ll make my photos a lot nicer than if I used deco people. 🙂
Now then, if you’d like to participate, here are a few things to keep in mind:
- Any mods, sliders, and so on are fine, but please include them with the download. If you export your sims from CAS, everything – including custom sliders – are in the download and it would just make my life much easier.
- If you send them with default skin/eyes, they’ll be replaced with my defaults, so if you really want them to appear a certain way, add a non-default skin and contacts.
- It would be lovely if you’d dress up your sim/sims for a formal occasion, as I’ve already dressed 20+ sims
and I’m about to shed my mortal coil. I can dress them for you, however, if you don’t feel like it or they’re already uploaded somewhere without a formal outfit.
- You can send the file as a .package or .sims3pack – either is fine as I’ll just unpack the .sims3pack myself. So long as all CC is included in the file, I’m happy!
- EDIT: If the sim you send over is visibly supernatural (i.e. a vampire or werewolf with glowing eyes, a fairy with wings, etc.), I’d like your permission to turn them into normal sims. MVS doesn’t have supernatural elements and it would just look out of place. If you don’t like that, consider sending a different character.
I’m going to keep track of invitations here:
- Lila Remonn
If you’d like to participate, all you have to do is say you’d like to and I’ll reserve you a spot. When you’re ready with your sim(s), you can send me a link either through the comments or, if you prefer to do it privately, send me a mail through my contact form or in private messages on Tumblr.
Well, that was it for now. I hope I can convince a few people to participate. Otherwise, this will be a very embarrassing display hahahah. 😀 Anyway, I hope everyone’s having a great time and I’ll see you in the next post. Which is tomorrow. Until then, cheers!
EDIT: Aaaand, I totally ran out of spots. Thank you to the people who are going to/have sent me Sims! I can’t wait to get everyone in game and see them. 🙂 Some people have asked for a deadline and well… the chapter is going to be out on the 28th of September, so as you can see there’s lots of time. I’d say ideally I’d have all sims within the next two-three weeks, so I’ll have time to set things up. 🙂