SO! While decorating the wedding venue, I realised that I didn’t have a cupcake I liked. When a search didn’t turn up anything I liked either, I saw no choice but to go ahead and make my own mesh. Since somebody on Tumblr asked if I’d put it up for download, I figured I’d do it right away. I was going to wait but you know – why not! It’s not my usual long-winded post full of ‘this and that is wrong’ and ‘remember this’ and bladiblah. There’s a little info and then it gets straight to the good stuff. So let’s hop to it!
- Shows up under Misc. Decor and costs 5§
- Comes in two presets, blue and pink.
- Fully recolourable with three channels:
- Cup + heart decoration (if you use a pattern on the cup, it’ll be subtly visible on the heart deco as well – so I don’t really recommend using patterns).
- The cake itself.
- 1024×1024 textures. Has a proper medium LOD as well as sunshadow.
- 3000+ polygons. I.e: They are SUPER high poly for such tiny things – I only meant them for my own beefy computer, after all. Use with care.
- It’s silly to share an unedited version of it – you can do better that that.
- Paywalls and adfly are silly – keep my mesh away from them, pls.
- Feel free to edit or convert and share your edits/conversions SO LONG AS you allow others to freely edit, convert, and share your edit. I share for the good of the community, not so anyone can take ownership.
- I like credit – it would be nice.
The cupcake has been tested in my game and works nicely for me, though nobody else has tried it out. If you find any issues please, please, please tell me about it so I can correct it and inform others.
For the .package version, please see below:
A Note on .Package Files
For most of the time I’ve been doing CC, I’ve been exporting a .package file directly from tsrw rather than exporting a .sims3pack and converting that to a .package. Unfortunately, I somehow didn’t realise that the process of converting to .sims3pack compresses the file, making it much, much smaller in size. In some instances, my .package files are therefore 10 or 20 times bigger than their .sims3pack counterparts.
Obviously, they still work, but they take up a lot of space on your computer and I don’t recommend using these old .package files. Below is a folder containing compressed versions of the files that I had uploaded in uncompressed versions. This only counts for the .package. If you want to download a .sims3pack version, simply follow the regular download link above. And otherwise, use the links pasted below. I’m sorry for any inconvenience caused by this!
Thank you for looking!
I hope this download comes in handy for somebody. If it did, feel free to send me a message to show me how they look in your game og tag me on tumblr @notjustabooksims. I love seeing what you do with it! For those who don’t go on Tumblr so much, here’s a little example of what I’m doing with them:
For now, I’ll close off this post and go write. I’ll see you guys in the next post!