It’s been a while. I did my hiatus, did the whole Christmas thing, came back home. I’ve been trying to get back into stories and sim pics but I’m not feeling it yet. Instead, I got to work on a bit of CC and this is the result of that. It’s a sweet, simple, and (I think) versatile top for your female sims. I shan’t blabber too much – let’s just get to the details.
About the Download
- New mesh by yours truly!
- For young adult/adult females.
- Custom CAS thumbnail (for .package version – probably not for .sims3pack).
- Shows up as a top under everyday, formal, and career.
- Disabled for random.
- Fully recolourable with two channels: the blouse itself and the collar.
- Comes with three presets, as pictured: one pinstripe blue, one plain white, one with a pattern/solid colour collar.
- 6,400 polys = VERY HIGH. Recommended for photos, not gameplay.
- Has morph states.
- The collar gets slightly distorted when the sim turns their head. My attempts at fixing it led to worse problems (as usual), so I left it like this.
- It’ll clip with certain bottoms, like the above, for example, but it’s much better than my previous top lol.
- It has morph states, but if you crank the weight slider all the way up, it’ll distort patterns and, as you see, there is some clipping on the back around the arms. The clipping isn’t there for less severe slider usage.
- In general you may see clipping and distortion of patterns with more extreme poses/slider settings.
Software: Blender, GIMP, TSR Workshop, Milkshape, PhotoScape, Affinity Photo, Affinity Designer.
This download is available as both .package and .sims3pack files. The links lead to folders where you can choose to download the format you prefer.
The reception on my last top was so overwhelming and lovely, both here and on Ttumblr, so thanks so much for making it so much fun to share my work. 🙂 If you’re wondering about the name of the top, I’ve been wanting a theme for the name of my clothes. Like, some people use girl’s names or fruits or something for their clothes – I decided on herbs and spices. I picked cumin for this first one, because it’s my favourite spice. (I realised after picking it that it’s very easy to make into a different word with more salacious connotations, but eh – I’m a pervert, we’ll run with it). Obviously, the Harvest Top doesn’t stick to that naming convention, but from now on, that’s a thing!
Anyway, yet again, thanks for the lovely comments and for the many downloads on the previous top. I hope you’ll like this one just as much. And of course, if you use it, feel free to show me here or tag me @notjustabooksims on tumblr. 🙂 I’ll see you guys in the next post.
Love you all,