So yeah – another piece of CC. Have I lost my ability to type stories and take pictures? Maybe. A bit. Or maybe I’m just on a bit of a CC roll and I can’t stop making new items. This time, I bring you a cozy jumper, named for cardamom. It puts me in mind of spicy chai and autumn and I hope you’ll enjoy it. Let’s have a look at it. 🙂
About the Jumper
- New mesh by yours truly!
- For young adult/adult females.
- Custom CAS/Launcher thumbnail.
- Shows up as a top under everyday and career.
- Disabled for random.
- Fully recolourable with three channels: the blouse itself, the sleeves, and the cuffs.
- Comes with three presets, as pictured: one textured green, one striped plain-textured, and a textured dark brown.
- 8,900 polys = VERY HIGH. Recommended for photos, not gameplay.
- Has morph states.
- It has some shadows in CAS, but these aren’t visible in game.
- It may clip with certain bottoms, as pictured. (Lol, these trousers clip with everything).
- There is some wonky bone assignment under one arm. I just couldn’t find a way to fix it, but since it’s fairly small and easy to edit out as well as only present in rather extreme cases, I left it. (Remember, this IS only intended for photo-taking, not gameplay!)
- The top looks better in the textured variety (1st and 3rd preset) or with patterns and in darker colours rather than light. Plain versions… they’re just not the best for this one. The chunky knit is how it was intended, really. 🙂
- (Not really an “issue” as such, but I regret adding darts at the boobs. It’s a jumper, not a fitted top wtf is wrong with me?! Maybe some day I’ll make a better jumper, but I think this can still have some use).
Software: Blender, GIMP, TSR Workshop, Milkshape, PhotoScape, Affinity Photo, Affinity Designer.
Chunky knit texture: Tiling Textures
Ribbing knit texture: Tiling Textures
This download is available as both .package and .sims3pack files. The links lead to folders where you can choose to download the format you prefer.
NOTE: There are currently some issues either with my Internet or with SimFileShare which makes it super slow to upload stuff. Once I manage to upload both .sims3pack and .package, I’ll add in the link. Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.
EDIT: The problem is solved and both file formats are now available on SimFileShare as well. 🙂
As always, thanks so much for checking out my stuff. If you ever want to show me your sims wearing any of my stuff, feel free to post a comment or tag me on tumblr. I love seeing what people do with my stuff. 🙂 I have fun making these items and for this one I probably had a little too much fun with the presets, since I based them on cardamom – the green is inspired by cardamom pods, the dark brown by the seeds inside the pods and the stripey one on a spicy chai latte. 🙂